3pm Sunday 2nd August 2015 in Te Ahu Centre, Kaitaia.
The submissions date on the Bill has been extended to 7 August 2015 and the Ture Whenua Maori Iwi Leaders Group is holding a series of hui around the motu to give whanau, hapu, iwi and Maori land owners another chance to discuss it. The hui for Te Hiku o Te Ika is on Sunday 2nd August at 3pm in the Te Ahu Centre, Kaitaia.
Just recording again that at the 8th June hui in Waimanoni Ngati Kahu Te Iwi tabled the 7 resolutions that had come from the 21 hui held around the motu in 2014.
In summary the resolutions told the Crown that the only changes that need to be made in Te Ture Whenua Maori are to acknowledge that:
1. The government has no constitutional power or authority to make laws in this country for Maori because, as the Waitangi Tribunal found in its Ngapuhi Report, we never ceded our sovereignty.
2. Maori land is all Taonga Tuku Iho.
3. Crown Laws on rating, valuation, access and local government do not apply to Maori Land.
4. Maori land owners within a hapu or rohe have the right to make their own laws in accordance with their tikanga, and the government's role is to uphold and enforce those laws.
5. The Maori Land Court is the specialist Court for all land and legal issues involving Maori, and is not subservient to the District Court, Family Court, Environment Court, etc. etc.
6. The Maori Trustee must have an iwi-appointed Board with a sole focus on putting all the land that he currently holds back into the hands of its rightful owners to do with what they wish to do under their own tikanga.
7. The Crown is required to properly resource the Maori Land Court.
At the Waimanoni hui, it was resolved to support the 7 resolutions tabled by Ngati Kahu.
Those who go to the August hui will restate our fundamental position laid down at the June hui. Ko Ngati Kahu tokoiti, manawanui.
For the whanau who don't live in Te Hiku, here's the full programme showing venues for all the other hui around the motu as well as that for Kaitaia:
Ngati Porou - 10am, 29 July 2015, venue TBC
Turanga - 3pm, 29 July 2015, venue TBC
Wellington - 31 July 2015, 8.30am, Te Papa Tongarewa, 55 Cable St, Wellington
Kaitaia - 2 August 2015, 3pm , Community Hall, Te Ahu Centre, Cnr South Rd & Matthews Ave, Kaitaia
Poroti - 3 August 2015, 9am, Maungarongo Marae, Mangakahia Rd, Maungatapere
Te Hana - 3 August 2015, 1pm, Te Hana Marae, 307 SH, Te Hana
Auckland - 3 August 2015, 6pm, Novotel Auckland Airport, Ray Emery Drive, Auckland
Hamilton - 4 August 2015, 9am, Te Awa Level 1 Conference Room, The Base, Hamilton
Tokoroa - 4 August 2015, 10.30am Rotary Room, South Waikato Sport & Events Centre, 25 Mossop Rd, Tokoroa
Te Kuiti - 4 August 2015, 5pm, Maniapoto Maori Trust Board Room, 49
Taupiri St, Te Kuiti
Tauranga - 5 August 2015, 9am, Tauranga Maori Trust Board Offices, No 3 The Strand, Tauranga
Rotorua - 5 August 2015, 1pm, Te Aomarama Hall, Tunohopu St,
Taupo - 5 August 2015, 5.30pm, Great Lake Centre, 5 Story Plc, Taupo
Hawera - 10 August 2015, 10am, Ruaputahanga Centre, Hawera
Whanganui - 10 August 2015, 2pm, Te Taurawhiri, 357 Victoria Ave,
Nelson - 11 August 2015, 10am, Nelson Suburban Club, 168 Tahunanui Drive, Nelson
Blenheim - 11 August 2015, 2pm, Chateau Marlborough, 95/117 High St, Blenheim
Christchurch - 12 August 2015, 10am, Te Whare o Te Waipounamu, 15 Show Plc, Kahuraki Boardroom, Christchurch
Hokitika - 12 August 2015, 3pm, Arahura Marae, 1 Old Christchurch Rd, Arahura, Hokitika
Invercargill - 13 August 2015, 10am, Ascot Park Hotel, Corner Tay St and Racecourse Rd, Invercargill
Dunedin - 13 August 2015, 3pm, KTKO, Level 1, 258 Stuart Street Dunedin
Masterton - 17 August 2015, 10am, Rangimarie Marae, 131 Cole St, Masterton
Hastings - 17 August 2015, 5pm, Heretaunga Taiwhenua, 821 Orchard Rd, Camberly, Hastings
Wairoa - 18 August 2015, 9am, Wairoa Community Centre, Marine Parade, Wairoa
Gisborne - 18 August 2015, 2pm, Te Tini o Porou Small Conference Room, 75 Huxley Rd, Gisborne