Please click on the link above, sign and share
TO: MEMBERS OF PARLIAMENT
We call on John Key and his government to:
1. Reinstate Selwyn Clarke's Veteran's Pension.
2. Backpay him for the time the Pension was cut.
3. Apologise for causing him distress and humiliation.
4. Amend the Social Security (Effect on Benefit of Warrant to Arrest—Excluded Beneficiaries) Regulations 2013 to exclude War Veterans and / or those charged with minor offences (i.e. with a maximum penalty not exceeding 6 months imprisonment and / or $1,000 in fines).
Why is this important?
Selwyn Clarke is a WWII veteran who fought with the 28th Maori Battalion against fascist governments bent on world domination. In December 2015 the New Zealand government vindictively cut his Veteran's Pension because he refused to appear before its courts after he was trespassed for peacefully repossessing his own land. We believe Selwyn ought to be able to hold and exercise the rights to:
1. Peacefully protest without fear of retribution from government.
2. Receive his Veteran's Pension.
He fought against fascism for our rights, now it's our turn to fight for his.
How it will be delivered
We will print a PDF of it and, depending on the number of valid signatures, we will either deliver it to our local MP to take to Parliament in our behalf, or we will deliver it directly to Parliament ourselves.