You are here
Te Rūnanga-A-Iwi O Ngāti Kahu
Date: Saturday 23 February 2013
Time: 10.00 am
Host: Te Taumata Kaumātua o Ngāti Kahu
Venue: 21A Parkdale Cres, Kaitāia
On Monday 4th February the Tribunal released the Ngāti Kahu Remedies Report, and the negotiations team have now done a close reading of the reasoning and commentary behind its recommendations.
The overwhelming flavour of the report are the suggestions of pragmatism and compromise which the Tribunal says guided the Crown, the other iwi and now itself in its non-binding recommendations.
Following are the main points identified thus far, with a summary initial analysis of each:
RECOMMENDATIONS ARE NON-BINDING
HOST: Te Taumata Kaumātua o Ngāti Kahu
VENUE: 21A Parkdale Cres, Kaitāia
Minutes of last meeting
• Ngāti Kahu Corporate
• Ngāti Kahu Mortgage Services
• Ngāti Kahu Fisheries Ltd
• Te Rūnanga-a-Iwi O Ngāti Kahu
• Te Taumata Kaumātua O Ngāti Kahu
• Corporate CEO
• Land Claims
Te Rūnanga-ā-Iwi o Ngāti Kahu
Land Claims Report for December 2012 – January 2013
1. Waitangi Tribunal’s decision on our application for binding recommendations is still being awaited.
2. Judicial review into the Waitangi Tribunal’s decision not to inquire into the Deeds of Settlement of Te Aupōuri, Te Rarawa and Ngāi Takoto