Today, Te Rūnanga-ā-Iwi o Ngāti Kahu opened the next phase of our COVID-19 Pandemic Response and Recovery Plan with the launch of “Project Te Hāpai Ō”.
This project has been developed and is based on many deep and lengthy discussions amongst our member Marae Delegates, our Social Portfolio Convenors and our operational partners and leaders.
The Project’s mission is to strengthen the mana motuhake of whānau, hapū and iwi who descend from Kahutianui and Te Parata during these challenging times as we move through the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Its objectives are to:
• Supplement kai and wai.
• Awhi whanau.
• Alleviate pressures.
• Support tamāriki and pēpī.
• Warm homes.
• Connect to technology.
• Assess emerging needs.
• Create solutions.
The Project will run until 31st March 2021 and is led by:
• Ānahera Herbert-Graves (CEO);
• Dee-Ann Wolferstan (Social Service Portfolio Convenor);
• Wiremu Smith (Project Lead)
• Texas (Karikari) Delivery Hub: Kataraina Rhind, Marilyn Hekeua-Hack and Hayley Turua
• Kaitāia Delivery Hub: Jon Vaueli, Kelcie Williams, Ngāwari Teriaki, Jonel Tawhai
• Database: Grace Taituha
• 0800 Number Needs Assessor: Jon Vaueli
• Administration Support: Takiri Te Ata Raerino
• Health & Safety: Allies Evans
• Finance: Doug Graves/Bardia Matiu
If you or someone you know are descendants of Kahutianui and Te Parata and need help, CONTACT Jon Monday to Friday between 8.00am to 8.00 pm on 0800 KAI HAPAI (0800 524 427).
NB: Saturday & Sunday calls will go to voice message. Jon will be clearing those messages regularly throughout the weekend and will respond to any Emergencies immediately. Otherwise, all other weekend messages will be answered on the following Monday.
In closing, we reaffirm that our mission is to strengthen mana motuhake. Whānau who access our services will be expected to share that mission.
We invite you to share this pānui and the attached poster to your networks.
KO TE AMORANGI KI MUA – KO TE HĀPAI Ō KI MURI.
Nga mihi aroha. Nā,
Te Rūnanga-ā-Iwi o Ngāti Kahu
21A Parkdale Cres, Kaitāia
P O Box 392, Kaitāia 0410
P: 09 4083013
F: 09 4084093
C: 027 6960930