Click this link and download the xcel file so you can read all the pages easily.
QUICK EXPLANATION OF THE REPORT FORMAT:
• The front page provides a total Māori population view, rather than a view of the 90% vaccination population we are aiming for.
• The suburb tab also adopts a total Māori population view.
• There are two target tabs – one showing a 95% dose one target and one showing the 90% fully vax’d target.
• For the fully vax’d target it is reliant on meeting, at a minimum, 90% first dose target.
Notes for the dose one target:
• This target is timed to be achieved on or by Dec 3rd – this allows a three week period between then and xmas to achieve the 90% fully vax’d goal. This will however, continue to be revised as time goes on.
• A 95% dose 1 target has been set in recognition that not everyone who receives their first dose returns for their second (with data showing there is a decline between 2.5-5% from first to second dose uptake).
• At present there is a lag among Māori of about 5-8 weeks between receiving their first and second doses – obviously this targeting plan only allows for a 3 week window if we are to achieve the 90% goal by xmas so important to bear this in mind for local communications and engagement activity moving forward.
• Data shows the dose 2 targets are generally and consistently being met or exceeded. The risk however is that dose one targets are not being met – this is the key limiting factor in ability to achieve 90% fully vax’d among eligible Māori.
• I have highlighted in yellow the suburbs in Ngāti Kahu and in green the suburbs in the rest of Muriwhenua.
Finally, please feel free to share this report more widely.