4pm media standup by the Prime Minister.
1. Auckland stays at level 4 for two more weeks. Cabinet will meet on Monday 13th September to consider if there will be any level shift.
2. Northland stays at level 4 and, as long as the numbers are good, will move to level 3 at 11.59am on Thursday 2nd September.
3. The rest of New Zealand moves to level 3 at 11.59pm tomorrow, Tuesday 31st August.
Level Alert update, kai security and whanau wellbeing
AROHA MAI MO HE PANUI TOMURI - APOLOGIES FOR THE LATE NOTICE:
ALL OF US HAVE BEEN AFFECTED BY CANCER AT SOME TIME IN OUR LIVES: Today is Daffodil Day and, even though we’re in lockdown, we can still donate on the link below to help the cancer society continue with its support services to those experiencing cancer right now.
Kia ora koutou. This issue was raised with FNDC by Ngati Kahu and Te Hiku Social Accord during a Te Kahu o Taonui (Taitokerau Iwi Chairs Forum) zoom yesterday. We have now received a response from FNDC confirming that:
1. They had arranged COVID sampling at the Kaitaia, Kerikeri and Paihia wastewater treatment plants as soon as the lockdown began - results have been negative to date;
2. They were arranging to add the Russell, Kawakawa and Kaikohe plants to the sampling regime yesterday;